Monday, June 3, 2013

Last of the Testers

Started off the day with a bowl of strawberries and a matcha "shake" made with 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup ice cubes, 1 tsp. matcha powder, and a few drops of stevia.


We had a play date at a playground that's become one of our favorites, thanks to the giant spider web...


...and the orbs, big enough to climb inside.


Chillin'.


After getting all hot and sweaty, we treated ourselves to some Lick ice cream. I love their unique and creative flavors. Clockwise from top: Jackson went with milk chocolate, Olivia selected strawberry basil, and I also chose strawberry basil along with a scoop of cilantro lime.


For dinner I busted out the deep fryer and made the last two recipes I'm testing for Tami and Celine.  

Eggrolls, filled with tofu, napa cabbage, carrots and other good stuff...I wish I had doubled the recipe! 


Sambusas, which are like samosas, but Ethiopian in origin. Lentil-filled fried dough pockets, served with a cinnamony tomato chutney.


I can't wait until this cookbook comes out -- I've had so much fun testing these yummy finger foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment