Friday, June 28, 2013

Mayfield Preserve

Today we had a picnic at the Mayfield Preserve. A peacock greeted us immediately as we walked in.


Then a couple of his friends called down to us from their rooftop perch.


We checked out the preserve, which is full of tranquil little fish ponds and easy walking trails.


And peacocks. Mostly, peacocks. I didn't even know peacocks could fly! I thought they were land birds, like penguins. 


One of the trails led down to a little stream.


Hopping from rock to rock, we made our way across.


Our picnic lunch included Blueberry Almond Scones, from 1000 Vegan Recipes. They may not look fancy, but they were delicious.


When we got home, I made a batch of Doritos popcorn. I'm never doing that again. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad. Quite the opposite. It's awesome, especially if you like Doritos, which I do. I won't even keep them in the house because they call to me. And so did this popcorn. 




No comments:

Post a Comment