Tuesday, June 4, 2013

MT Supermarket

Some evenings, when Tony has to do a conference call with his company's overseas offices, I need an activity that gets me and the kids out of the house for a short time. On evenings like this, we often head for the Asian supermarket

The Asian market has two main attractions that appeal to my kids. The first is a giant fish pond outside.


What are these flowers? They're huge! At first I thought they were fake. 


The second attraction is the huge assortment of quarter rides in the store's entryway.


Blast off!


Yes, with a baggie full of quarters, I'm all set. 


Dinner was quick, since we knew we would have to get outta the house. The kids had scrambled eggs, and I had an Amy's frozen meal - Roasted Polenta with Swiss Chard. The polenta is covered with some kind of vegetable stew, mainly summer squash and mushrooms. Tasty, but not the most filling. I feel like it would make a better lunch than a dinner.


After returning from the supermarket, I curbed my hunger pangs with some banana soft-serve. Chocolate hemp protein powder added grittiness, but also chocolatiness. It's a trade-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment