Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Snails and Nachos

Snails love to congregate in our backyard after a storm.


Big ones, little ones, we find them everywhere.


Olivia gathered up quite a collection. Don't worry, she gently placed them back on the wet grass when she was done counting them!


We had a special treat for lunch today -- nachos! Next to pizza, nachos are my very favorite food. I have a special way of making them. It takes a bit longer, but I like to make sure that every chip receives its share of cheesy goodness. 

First I put down a layer of chips and sprinkle cheese on each one.


Then I put down another layer of chips...


And another layer of cheese.


I bake the chips for about 10 minutes at 350F. Then I add the toppings (tomatoes, olives, roasted broccoli, and pickled jalapenos) and pop it back in the oven for five more minutes so everything is heated through.


Yum! This lunch made me so happy. And if you haven't tried roasted broccoli on nachos, it's the best!




No comments:

Post a Comment